2002 wrx clutch slipping
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2002 wrx clutch slipping within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hwy guys just bought an 02 wrx with 80k miles!!! I love the car! But the first thing I noticed ...

2002 wrx clutch slipping

Hwy guys just bought an 02 wrx with 80k miles!!! I love the car! But the first thing I noticed is that the clutch is slipping. I tested it buy going from 1st to 3rd and then flooring it and it slipped after 3500-4000 rpm. I'm going to be driving it very carefully until the clutch fully goes out. I want to get a new stock clutch since I have heard and read many stories on this forum with people getting a stage 2 and then boom there goes there drivetrain. So any info on where is the best place to get an oem clutch would be great! thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is the oem exedy clutch any good?

If you are 100% sure it is the clutch slipping than I would highly recommend a stock replacement, anything more depending on what it is can usually handle more torque, than bango! a few engine mods and chances are 1st or 2nd gear are toast. I have the original stock exedy clutch in my 02' and its still holding strong...somehow haha

Yes I am 100% sure its slipping. I am definitly going to go with the stock replacement since I am not looking to make crazy power or anything. So the exedy oem replacement is a good clutch to go with correct?

Yes, however I would source it other than a dealership fore you will most def. pay top dollar there...I would prob also replace the flywheel as opposed to seeing how it looks and poss. getting it machined. I bought a SACHS clutch and flywheel for my legacy from this place... Auto Parts Warehouse | Car Parts, Truck Parts & Auto Body Parts Online - Free Shipping on most Auto Accessories & Performance Parts AutoPartsWarehouse ...the price was right and haven't had a problem...plus sachs is a half decent brand...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.