Seat Rail Failure

This is a discussion on Seat Rail Failure within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi All, I have a 2002 WRX wagon and yesterday the left front bolt attaching the seat to it's rail ...

Seat Rail Failure

Hi All,
    I have a 2002 WRX wagon and yesterday the left front bolt attaching the seat to it's rail pulled through the rail - the bolt didn't just come out as described in an earlier recall (welll documented on this website), but actually pulled right through the rail. The dealership replaced the rail at a cost of $250. I feel this is a safety issue and it should have been replaced for free. Has anyone else heard of or experienced this happening before?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I haven't heard of it before, and it is clearly a safety issue.

Also, I would have sold you the full rail kit for $100 plus shipping...

Did you go to the dealership and have the bolt replaced as soon as you recieved the recall notice? If not I dont think your going to get very far, I know how dealerships work, I work at one haha...They will prob. say something to the effect " well if you came in when you got the recall notice than this wouldnt have happened "...just my 2 cents. I have replaced dozens of those bolts and I can say I have never seen one actually rip right through the rail...Plus there is usually alot of instability of the seat itself before the bolt comes entirely out.... Sorry about the luck man :/