What gas station do you use??? need help. ASAP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on What gas station do you use??? need help. ASAP within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well I would like to know first if every gas station has a different effect on the car. i.e. I ...

What gas station do you use??? need help. ASAP

Well I would like to know first if every gas station has a different effect on the car. i.e. I use 93 octane but from a gas station known as AP which 93 is priced at $3.12/gallon I think, and since I'm a college student this is my price range without wasting all my money just on gas. All in all what gas station do you recommend if it matters at all and if it doesnt please tell me.

**Hopefully I get a response within half-an hour trying to fill it up now**

Thanks in advance everyone for educating me.
    Pic to soon to come ...... 19 yrs old. Drive a Subbie( Im a newbie). 3rd Year Of college going to third.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dude, in the grand scheme of things...saving a few pennies on a gallon is what, 1 beer less?

Just make sure that you use premium...93 where possible, 91 if its all they got. I try to stick to BP or Sunoco.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm partial to Sunoco. There may be minor differences, but as long as the gas is labeled 93 octane you should be fine. If you are running a 100% stock WRX you could use 91 octane as it is the minimum called for (look at the label on the filler door or owner's manual).
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I've written manuals on this on several forums. I work for the leading energy information/research company in the world and here's the scoop:
    The gas at your local no-name station comes from a major refiner. It may be the exact same gas you get at the Shell down the street. There's no real way to know without researching where they buy from. But there is no "cheap" gas. Every gas sold at a no-name station is a major brand.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I try to stick to BP or Sunoco.
    Say it ain't so Mikie. BP?
    Scott
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.

I usually just stick to shell, mainly because that's the closest station to my house and the guys there are really nice. To me, it's worth a few extra cents/gal to be able to have a normal conversation with someone and not have to argue with them and repeat "$20 of v-power" 100 times.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Say it ain't so Mikie. BP?
    I didn't even think about it. Assuming you're speaking in regards to the whole oil spill mess...And honestly, I'm not sure when the last time I bought BP was...I was used to buying it all the time in my last STI because it was the local gas station close to home and my car just seemed to run really well on their 93. So its what I was tuned on and everything...but that was almost 2 years ago. The local one has since been bought out and changed to a "Hapco Petrol"...whatever that is.

All honesty...whatever gas station is closest when my gas light pops on is where I get gas. I usually don't think of anything else. If it is a few pennies cheaper, sure I'll go for it. Otherwise I don't pay attention.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

If I have a choice and don't need to fill up right away, I will wait till I get to a QT or Sams Club.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I have used sunoco since 1970.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I didn't even think about it. Assuming you're speaking in regards to the whole oil spill mess...And honestly, I'm not sure when the last time I bought BP was...I was used to buying it all the time in my last STI because it was the local gas station close to home and my car just seemed to run really well on their 93. So its what I was tuned on and everything...but that was almost 2 years ago. The local one has since been bought out and changed to a "Hapco Petrol"...whatever that is.

All honesty...whatever gas station is closest when my gas light pops on is where I get gas. I usually don't think of anything else. If it is a few pennies cheaper, sure I'll go for it. Otherwise I don't pay attention.
    Hapco Petroleum is basically just that gas station. It went from being a BP-branded station to privately branded. But it still sells BP gas (or Amoco, which is owned by BP). Exactly my point about no-name stations still selling brand-name gas. It's only cheaper because they aren't paying a royalty to use the major name.
    Scott

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    I have used sunoco since 1970.
    I wasn't even sperm in 1970

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    I wasn't even sperm in 1970
    I think Sunoco 44(we called it Hi-Test) was around 40 cents a gallon. I was ripping around in a '65 Mustang,and a Honda CB 100.
    Bugeye Mafia #337

I Support ClubWRX
    Honda CB 100.
    "Ripping" lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    "Ripping" lol
    55mph flat out.
    Bugeye Mafia #337

I Support ClubWRX
    55mph flat out.
    Downhill on freshly greased wheel bearings!

On a side note, I was down in South America during Christmas. You would be surprised how many of those are still running around down there!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast