What gas station do you use??? need help. ASAP - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on What gas station do you use??? need help. ASAP within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by teflon_jones My dad lived up north of you in Croton. I worked for him for a few ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    My dad lived up north of you in Croton. I worked for him for a few years and the place we worked a lot was in Mt Vernon. Not a good area of it either. But I've been all over Westchester/NYC, learned to drive there. Trial by fire.
    I do some part time land survey work with my Dad & we go all over Westchester.Croton is a beautiful place.Mt. Vernon has some great architecture.But its so full of crime nowadays.If you can drive here you can drive anywhere.I feel so sorry for visitors.The best place to learn to drive would be Queens or da Bronx.Just learn to honk first!
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    That's tiny compared to the one I saw. There's a huge tank farm up in northern NJ along the turnpike, and this was a tank probably 100' across and 50' tall (at least, probably bigger). The flames weren't going less than 500', and were flaring to 1000' easily. The smoke cloud was 20x larger than the one in that video you linked. It was unreal. I don't know how the whole tank farm didn't go up, but they must have an amazing fire suppression system there.
    I remember that. The tank went up and it took them upwards of a week to quell the flames and extinguish it...I went to college up in North Jersey and took the TP all the time to and from home. That tank farm is one of the largest in the region. Its right around Newark, exit 13s and such, right around the Newark International Airport too.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    I usually just stick to shell, mainly because that's the closest station to my house and the guys there are really nice. To me, it's worth a few extra cents/gal to be able to have a normal conversation with someone and not have to argue with them and repeat "$20 of v-power" 100 times.
    hahahaha I know. Same thing happened to me I told them "$20 dollars cash" and they filled up the tank instead, which they expected me to pay for it. If it was not for my GF paying the dude, I would of stayed there saying "suck the daum gas out with your mouth". Seriously all he kept saying "you got a credit carda".
    Pic to soon to come ...... 19 yrs old. Drive a Subbie( Im a newbie). 3rd Year Of college going to third.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I remember that. The tank went up and it took them upwards of a week to quell the flames and extinguish it...I went to college up in North Jersey and took the TP all the time to and from home. That tank farm is one of the largest in the region. Its right around Newark, exit 13s and such, right around the Newark International Airport too.
    That was almost 15 years ago for me. I was doing military work at the time down around DC and drove back and forth on the NJ turnpike almost weekly. I'll never forget what that looked like.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    I usually just stick to shell, mainly because that's the closest station to my house and the guys there are really nice. To me, it's worth a few extra cents/gal to be able to have a normal conversation with someone and not have to argue with them and repeat "$20 of v-power" 100 times.
    If I know a station has a special on Skoal, I'll stop and top off the tank. Even if the gas price is a bit more, I end up ahead when I factor in the $2.50 I saved on chew

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones
    I'd more likely go with the tanks themselves and sediment in them as the problem. That's why you never ever fill up if a tanker is at a station filling them up. It's stirring up everything in the tank, which then goes right into your engine. Some places have issues with sediment due to tank design, age, or other factors.
    I have never filled up at a gas station that had a tanker there; I'm well aware of the issues that causes. That doesn't mean I haven't filled up 2 minutes after the tanker left (and didn't see them), however. Maybe I've just been unlucky with my timing at those places, maybe not. I just know my car has not liked some of the gas there, and won't buy from them in the future. If I pay a little extra, no big deal.
    Last edited by EJ257; 01-21-2011 at 07:20 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Different brand gas stations may use the same base fuel but they mix their own additives in.

Fuel 'goes off' over time and fresh fuel can produce more power so use a busy gas station to guarantee a fresh supply.

Finally:
    To make those bleating about paying $3.50+ per gallon feel better, over here (NZ) we pay $6US per US sized gallon.
    And:
    In the UK they pay $8.50 a gallon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123