Help! CLUTCH PETAL THUMPING!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Help! CLUTCH PETAL THUMPING! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey experts driving my 02 wrx i feel i thumping feel when resting my foot on the clutch petal. I ...

Help! CLUTCH PETAL THUMPING!

Hey experts driving my 02 wrx i feel i thumping feel when resting my foot on the clutch petal. I just had byers install a new oem clutch 2 weeks ago. The feel of thumping seems to be mostly when i make a slight or right hand turn. I have no idea what it could be.Doesnt matter what gear i'm in or neutral coasting a turn. Also my power steering seems to be acting up as well. when i'm stoped in neutral i turn the wheel back n forth as far as it can go it acts if it doesn't want to keep turning when i know there is still at least a half turn left. makes a squeeking noise if i hold it as far as it can turn. help would be greatly apprieated

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When do you feel the thumping in the clutch pedal? When the clutch is pushed to the floor, when it's engaging/disengaging, or when when its up all the way?
    Have you inspected/replaced the power steering belt? If the belt is too worn (loose) it will squeal if it's not able to turn the wheels.
    What is the condition of the axles?
    Are there any indicator lights on (CEL)?
    Last edited by SeattleJeremy; 01-20-2011 at 01:33 PM. Reason: spelling.

No lights are on in the car. I looked at the axles and they look fine to me. I feel the thumping mostly when the clutch is up all the way, and my foot is just resting(no pressure). I only feel it when clutch is in whether it be in gear or not, foot off the petal just resting. Havn't inspected the belt yet. what should i look for. Also the resovoir is on the low side of hot min.

body of the car has 96K

What kind of clutch petal is it? Rose? Tulip? Daffodil? That makes a big difference.....
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Um i don't know just a stock petal. 02 bugeye

Well I've always had a clutch peDal in all of my cars, to go along with the brake and gas peDals....

/sarcasm
    Scott
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.

any idea of what it could be i feel the thumping thru the clutch pedal even if i'm not in gear

If a fluid is below the hot min, then that's a good place to start. That's your clutch fluid correct?

The steering problem sounds like either the power steering fluid is low, the belt is loose, or your pump is going.
    Scott

no the hot min was the power steering resovoir. I didn't know there was a clutch fluid thought clutch used the power steering. lil do i know. this is my first wrx had it for 2 months. is that the resovoir behind the top mount? i appreciate the help

correction i thought clutch uses brake fluid

Clutch fluid is brake fluid, it's all connected to the brake master cylinder. The steering fluid is connected to a separate reservoir.

Use the dead pedal. Don't keep your foot on the clutch.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.