Replacing timing belt tomorrow

This is a discussion on Replacing timing belt tomorrow within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am having my timing belt replaced tomorrow. Here's a list of the parts I am having replaced. Just wanted ...

Replacing timing belt tomorrow

I am having my timing belt replaced tomorrow. Here's a list of the parts I am having replaced. Just wanted to bounce it off some of you gear heads and see if I maybe missing anything else that could be done while the mechanic is in there tearing it up.

Timing belt
    T-stat
    Super coolant
    cam seals - 4
    crank seal
    water pump
    tensioners
    ac belt
    alternator belt
    spark plugs

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What year/model is the car? My bet is you will have problems getting the cam sprockets off, depending on the year???.....I put cams in an 06 WRX at work a few months ago and dear lord, it took a torch, an air chisel and all my might to brake loose the cam sprocket bolt, and in the end I had no choice but to destroy the bolt and cam sprocket and order another one, the shoulder on the bolt is tight as sin...I'm just sharing my experience, I have done dozens and dozens of these timing belts and depending on the year, and if they are leaking or not you may want to avoid installing cam seals, I never install them with a timing belt job unless they are leaking, same with the water pump...I dont think in all the years I have been working on these things have I seen a water pump fail...

2005 Sti

How did you make out?