Will this radiator work in my '02 WRX?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Will this radiator work in my '02 WRX? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just had the top plastic housing on my radiator crack and start leaking and everyone says there's no replacing it ...

Will this radiator work in my '02 WRX?

Just had the top plastic housing on my radiator crack and start leaking and everyone says there's no replacing it you just have to replace the whole radiator which will run me about $225. Saw this one on eBay, definitely not OEM, doesn't seem to have to plastic housing on top, for $100 so that would save me alot. What do you guys think?

CXRacing 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 2.0L MANUAL Radiator - eBay (item 330516413325 end time Feb-05-11 18:20:51 PST)

edit: plus $38 shipping...god

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    I think you will buy this, install it and then something will go wrong. Ebay stuff if a no no, for the most part.

Go buy a mishimoto radiator and you will be happy. And in the end after the ebay one craps out, you will end up buying a mishimoto, or other brand which means you spent more money than if you just got the right radiator the first time.

Free shipping: http://www.wrxpro.com/product/Mishim...r/Default.aspx

or koyo oem replacement http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Koyo...-STI-2003-2007
    Last edited by yamaha_rider619; 01-17-2011 at 12:16 PM.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

i can't afford a mishimoto, i was hoping even to be able to do better than the $200+ variety at Autozone but its starting to look like thats out of the question

I Support ClubWRX
    the second one i listed is a koyo for 175, which you would need to do a minor mod to make it work
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

i dont suppose you have any idea what that minor mod is?

that koyo you posted is for a 2003-2007 model, i found another on that site for the 2002 wrx for the same price, is this the one you meant to post?

Koyo OEM Replacement Radiator Automatic Transmission Subaru WRX 2002 at RallySportDirect.com

I Support ClubWRX
    do you have a automatic tranny? I listed one for a manual, not sure of the difference though...

Caping the nozzle to the top of the radiator?
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

oops, yeah mines a manual i didn't even notice that part. so where might i find somebody who knows exactly what i have to do to this thing to make it work in my 02?
    Last edited by mike523; 01-17-2011 at 03:18 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Ask around on here or ask the supplier
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Do not buy any off brand radiator. Learn from my mistake. I've spent more fixing issues than I would have having gotten a more expensive Fluidyne in the 1st place.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.