STEREO TURNS OFF WHEN WINDOWS UNLOCKED
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on STEREO TURNS OFF WHEN WINDOWS UNLOCKED within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guy, i just purchased a 2006 sti the weird thing about the car is when u unlock the windows ...

STEREO TURNS OFF WHEN WINDOWS UNLOCKED

hey guy, i just purchased a 2006 sti the weird thing about the car is when u unlock the windows so everyone can control there own windows the cars radio turns off, but when you press the window lock button, the radio works and the drivers side window works but no other window works from the drivers side control. the guy i bought the car from bought it from the dealer like that. does anyone know what the problem of this could be?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    sounds like a short somewhere in the electrical system?
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

do you know if a short can be easily fixed

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    It can be simple or it can be complicated. First thing is to find the short which can be hard or easy.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

do you think i should take it to a subaru dealer to try and get the problem fixed or a small local shop that has lots of experience with these cars?

Does it have an aftermarket head unit?

If you're electrical savvy, first thing I would do is get some diagrams and see where the two circuits could be linked.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Really weird **** can happen when things are grounded poorly so the first thing I'd check is the main ground on the stereo and then move on to what mangostick suggested in determining links between the two systems. I probably wouldn't worry about diagrams; rather, see if the installer did some sort of hack job and possibly unknowingly tapped into that switch for something with the stereo. Like many other switches in our cars it could be grounded when depressed so certain stereo connections could work in that state, e.g. negative speaker terminals.

nope its the stock head unit

electrical isnt really my thing haha last time i tried it with my other car things went bad so i just wana let someone who knows what there doing to do it

it has a stock stereo but the car does have a command start so they could have screwed something up with the wiring but he got that done to the car after he bought it and he said he bought the car from the dealer like that so i dunno he could be lying

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.