Supertones Install Help on a 2011 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Supertones Install Help on a 2011 within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just got my Hella superhorn today. My problem is how to remove the front grille without meshing it up. I ...

Just got my Hella superhorn today. My problem is how to remove the front grille without meshing it up. I tried to removed it but somehow, it's stock to the bumper. There's little space to work without removing the grille. Thanks for posting the diagram.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Can't say about the new cars, but on mine there were two clips on each end. There's a small opening on top of the clips, just stick a screwdriver in there, and it should pop the clip.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

the top is easy, but the bottom seems that it is snap with the bumper and i can't find a way where to slide a screwdriver. if its screwed to the bumper, it is hard to see and access behind the grille.

I Support ClubWRX
    Its easier to remove the bumper.Its not all that difficult,just a couple of pins.Heere's a video on how to do it.It takes just a couple of minutes.The grill comes off with it.

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

There are 4 screws along the bottom of the grill on the inside of it. You have to like reach your hand up along the back of it to feel them.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I installed mine yesterday without removing the grille & not using the relay that came with it. The OEM horn has a relay & 15A fuse. You can connect the a male connector to the existing wire of the OEM horn to you Hella Supertone. When I drove my car in the freeway after I installed it, car on the right lane changed lane without looking, so I press the horn hard and it scared the Hella-out of him. Avoided the accident. Its Hella useful.

I Support ClubWRX
    I would still recommend using the relay and schematic they provide. Yes, it will work on stock wiring ( I did this for a while), but the horns sounded better and were significantly louder with direct wiring.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    I would still recommend using the relay and schematic they provide. Yes, it will work on stock wiring ( I did this for a while), but the horns sounded better and were significantly louder with direct wiring.
    +1
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12