Basic Mods

This is a discussion on Basic Mods within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm still new here, but I looked and can't seem to find a single place that lists most of the ...

Basic Mods

I'm still new here, but I looked and can't seem to find a single place that lists most of the mods that can be done, and what they will actually do for the car and its performance.

I'm trying to learn, so if anyone can add to this, I would appreciate it.

Example:

Engine Mods
    cold air intake: it does so and so. only useful if you have such and such mod.
    catback: does so and so.

Suspension Mods
    sway bars: good for so and so
    stabalizer bars: will result in so and so. do this first or second after such and such mod.

I think that would be a great sticky, especially for newbies like me. The amount of different mods seems a bit over whelming.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A good place to start would be to just google "cold air intake" and learn what it does.

There's more mods and descriptions than we could ever fit in one thread. I think using google to understand what they are is a good start. Then, if they sound interesting, do a search on this forum (or others if you dare) for those specific mods to see what people are saying.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading