Hill start assist - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Hill start assist within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by yamaha_rider619 Yes sir, the idea sounds like it would bother me as well, especially for you driving ...

Quote Originally Posted by yamaha_rider619 View Post
    Yes sir, the idea sounds like it would bother me as well, especially for you driving home.
    At least the roads are almost clear so I can drive my STI again. I've been driving my old Ford in the snow. There was a 4' high packed snowbank at that corner at the end of my driveway and I wanted to get the Ford parked out of the way so I could get the STI out of the driveway. I went over/through the snowbank without even slowing down and then went along the side of the mountain with barely a slip and parked the truck out of the way. My Ford is a beast! I'm never worried about where I put it because in 4 low it'll go through anything. Having a 10k winch for backup doesn't hurt.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    Man that would have been sweet to watch
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

Quote Originally Posted by yamaha_rider619 View Post
    Man that would have been sweet to watch
    You should go off roading with me some time. I don't know how much if at all you've done it, but I can show you a few things. The Ford is better than my G-wagen was off-road. I haven't found anything I can't go through yet, and I've been trying!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

On the WRX, hill assist cannot be disabled. But I saw in the owners manual for my 2010 that it can be disabled on the STI. I assume it can be disabled on the 2011 STI as well so check it out in the owners manual. Oh and congrats on the new STI!

I posted a link with a how to for 2009 STI's. Try it, let us know if it works.

There is also talk about being able to adjust the dealers being able to adjust the sensitivity. It's all in the link I posted.

I am a new WRX owner and I dislike the hill assist. And its slow, I constantly feel it holding me back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12