Coming from a front wheel drive car?

This is a discussion on Coming from a front wheel drive car? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Something I noticed with the most recent snow. I put 100lbs of salt in the back of my car and ...

7n7

Coming from a front wheel drive car?

Something I noticed with the most recent snow. I put 100lbs of salt in the back of my car and it helped a lot. I'm used to front wheel drive so the back tires weren't pushing and making the back slide at all. I'm still on the stock tires and the car handled better than expected (although ordering new tires on Friday *hopefully*).

Just wanted to point this out to other newcomers to the awd family who might have had a front wheel drive car before. Keep yourself and your car safe.

on a side note...i drifted the last corner going up hill to my house yesterday and got a big thumbs up from the (usually mean) old lady at the corner lol
    2011 DGM Premium WRX 5 door

-Ben

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks for the tip dude. I would not have initially thought of that, but it makes sense when you think about it.

That's freaking awesome about the drift!