Lean Bank 1 And Multiple Misfires?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Lean Bank 1 And Multiple Misfires? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Whats up? Recently bought an 02 wrx, Knew it had the CEL But it ran and drov,e So what did ...

Lean Bank 1 And Multiple Misfires?

Whats up?

Recently bought an 02 wrx, Knew it had the CEL But it ran and drov,e So what did I Care? Im a mechanic. BUT My simple minded brain didnt take into consideration that i barely have time for myself.

So simply Lean Bank1 Code, and p0301 and p0304.. Thinking Possible 02 sensor.. Didnt get a chance to test anything yet and since i work at an Acura Dealership Our scanners are purely for acura cars...So I cant look at, Injector pulse and Stuff like that atm..Any ideas? Ill be happy to answer any ?'s

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    There is only one bank.

Was it PO171? Check the intake for a leak, clean the MAF, check the FPR reference line, and check for vacuum or boost leaks.

For the misfires, check the connections on the coils.

All this assuming the car has the correct parts fitted (if the car is modified, list all modifications).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

NJO
    ive always understood bank one is the passenger side...

and story of my life, im a BMW tech. and drive around with a cel 24/7... i used my AccessPort and its reading lean on bank one and i have 2 misfires, forgot what cylinders theyre on but im assuming the corresponding cyclinders to the lean bank. let me know what you find out .
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    Ej20 swap/ with ALL supporting parts
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

I Support ClubWRX
    There is no bank as the front O2 reads all cylinders. OBDII is just to generic to assume it means the same on all cars. P0171 is the front O2. Please read the stickies up top to better help you. List any mods,as certain mods cause certain issues (IE: some aftermarket intakes cause the P0171 if not tuned for). Also read the link below,which is a sticky uptop.

IF YOU HAVE A MISFIRE CODE ,PLEASE READ THIS!!!
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

No Mods Besides After market downpipe and exhaust..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.