Subaru WRX Forum banner

SPT Boost Gauge Issues

4K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  EvoEatr 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I just installed my SPT boost gauge everything went smooth except for getting that damn vacuum hose through the firewall. I could not find it for the life of me.

Anyways, once it was all installed the gauge works great except for some reason my dimmer switch isn't working. it only stays on 1 brightness and i can not make it brighter or dimmer. Do you guys have any ideas on what that could be?

Thanks
Kyle

#2 ·
I could be mistaken but I have installed a few of these and I think it only stays one brightness...as far as the hole through the firewall, it is ridiculous how the instructions have you remove the plug and just feed it through. I tried this and it does not work, you end up hitting the back of the instrument cluster/ heater box. I drill a new hole not far from the clutch master cylinder and it works fine. Of course I am telling you all this fore I have only installed those gauges on the 09/10 WRX. What year is your vehicle?

#7 ·
Yes. I wasn't clear where you had installed the gauge. Regardless of where you fed the vacuum hose/tubing through the firewall, you have choices for power. When I installed my gauge I tapped into the power wire about the fuse box/dimmer knob since my gauge is over on that side. And I fed my hose through the grommet to the left of the dead pedal, and up through the fender. It was extremely easy to do it that way...the stock location seems the best, but the fender is definitely the easiest.

What I was getting at about the dimmer knob is that it's a power source when the car headlights are on, and it's off when the car and/or lights are off. So it would only light up at night when the lights were on. That's desirable for some people as long as the gauge doesn't require a power source to function. I dunno anything about the SPT though. But I wasn't actually talking about dimming the gauge, per se, just using that wiring for powering the gauge. I didn't mean to confuse things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.