Weird prob just a min ago
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Weird prob just a min ago within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Had a loose belt on the steering pump so I tightened it up, didn't drive it yesterday but drove it ...

Weird prob just a min ago

Had a loose belt on the steering pump so I tightened it up, didn't drive it yesterday but drove it the day before with no issues. Didn't drive it before I tightened the belt, tightened it, started it and everything seemed fine. Tried revving it up and it was very boggy and didn't want to rev past 3.5k rpm. Went down the street and it started to clear up and seemed to clear up completely. Anyone have any suggestions on why it would be doing that? Would a too tight belt put too much strain on the engine causing it to do that? I wouldn't think it would but then again idk too much about subies.
    This car seems to be plagued with problems since I bought it too months ago.
    Thanks in advance
    -Curt

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is the vehicle an automatic? How many miles are on it? I dont think I have ever heard of to tight a belt causing anything like that, well not on a Subaru at least.... What was the temp. the morning you started to rev it up? Is the CEL illuminated? or if not have you tried pulling any codes out of the ECM?

Its a stick with 87k miles. It was cold but has never done this before.

The CEL keeps turning on and off periodically but have yet to get ahold of a reader to check what codes its throwing. Autozone doesn't do the loan out anymore unfortunately.

I Support ClubWRX
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

2002 impreza wrx
    87k miles
    Only mods are Greddy BOV
    I did mod the air box cuz it was open to the wheel well and water was being flung into the intake when it rains, so three one inch holes were drilled into the back side of the box so no water would get in there.
    91 octane
    Yet to find what the CEL is due to not having a reader or knowjng anyone with one and can't afford to buy one since I was laid off recently.

There is a proper tension to the belt. You don't want it too tight. Sounds to me that your car was modded and put back to stock. You might look into a tune. Definitely find out what code your throwing. Take it easy on your car or you will end up with bigger problems.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

i know for sure the dude I bought it from, id sound racist if I spoke of his ethnicity but he was flipping cars and ive seen him trying to sell upwards of 5 different wrx's since I bought this one. his story was he bought it off his friend that was moving down to Guatemala so he helped him out by buying from him then selling it. the car has fatty rims and coilovers so it wouldnt suprise me that it was brought back to stock after being modded. the fuse box under the hood has no lid and is dirty as **** but idk how to clean it without ruining it. im taking it to the dealer tomorrow to have them take care of the infamous fuel leak and ill have them see what code its throwing. once I get back on my feet I will be tidying this car up and hopefully going stage two and do the accessport and what not.

i dont think i tightened the belt too tight tho, judging off the other belts

So I just went to the store and had the car die on me, this is the second time today. Seems like the car is idling lower now and when I clutch and let off the rpms drop to 0 then back to 5. Also on the way to the store I clutched while on the gas cuz I heard a clunk and sounded like the bov popped twice each time. This car is getting on my nerves. Dealing with my race truck my diesel and now this car is bugging lol

Your dealer is not going to know how to deal with your bad tune. You need to get it tuned by a pro. I noticed from your pic that your car was not stock. I could see it from a mile away. Seriously ask around your town for a good tuner. Don't drive it hard right now until you identify and fix the issues with your car.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

its going to the dealer for the leak nothing more, i will have them read the code and see what its throwing. ill have to look around and see where the best place to get the computer remapped at near me. any suggestions? im in orange, ca. so anywhere in the orange county area would be nice. what would a tune typically cost btw?

just got the car back around 3pm today, they found that all cylinders are misfiring and that the intake piece going to the turbo was cracked causing issues obviously. they replaced it and it seems to be running much better

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.