2002 subaru wrx problem

This is a discussion on 2002 subaru wrx problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Im hearing a whistling noise coming from where the timing belt/cam gears are? does anyone know what the problem could ...

2002 subaru wrx problem

Im hearing a whistling noise coming from where the timing belt/cam gears are? does anyone know what the problem could be?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did you just have the belt replaced? you sometimes get a whistling sound if the belt is too tight

yeah i think that might be it because it was just replaced but it didnt start till about 2 days after i got the car back. Does it usually goo away and come back or just always whistles?

I Support ClubWRX
    Take the car back in and have them check the noise. I know of no way to have the timing belt be too tight, but the ancillary belts can be over tightened and any of the three belts can be hitting something. Or, it could be a roller etc. Take it back.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Registered User deerkiller42002's Avatar
    i think its your turbo lol. couldnt resist. sorry

haha well the turbo wouldnt whistle from the timing belt area so it not that and im still holding boost as well as spooling fine but if anyone knows nething about hks blow off valves can they please tell me why i hear a whining noise when i spool with it and it has to be something with the bov becasue the stock one doesnt do it

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Probably because the valve is leaking. Get rid of it and stick with the stocker. Your car will thank you.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!