Slight oil leak.?

This is a discussion on Slight oil leak.? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Long story short I purchased a low mileage used engine with bad valves due to a front end collision and ...

Slight oil leak.?

Long story short I purchased a low mileage used engine with bad valves due to a front end collision and have since had the heads rebuilt and have reinstalled the engine but now I have an oil leak on both sides of it and have narrowed it down to the valve cover gaskets. Has anyone else had issues with non OEM valve cover gaskets leaking? I hate doing things twice and this just annoys me to no end.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yea mine leaks out of the spark plug tube seals for some stupid reason after i built the car. I havn't actually had a chance to replace them yet to see if that helps.

did you apply fugibond to the corners of the cam towers and the half moons when you installed the new aftermarket gaskets? I have done dozens of valve cover gaskets on Subarus and this is a MUST....

I do not recall if I had installed sealer in the corners but being the anal person I am I cannot imaging I would have forgotten too, but hey stranger things have happened, I guess I will be tearing it apart anyways so I will find out. I just thougt I might find more people with issues but it was probably installer error though I hate to say that.