What would cause this?

This is a discussion on What would cause this? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have what appears to be oil and water in my exhaust pipe. The coolant levels haven't changed and I ...

What would cause this?

I have what appears to be oil and water in my exhaust pipe. The coolant levels haven't changed and I just changed the oil, I've been keeping tabs on those levels as well, but haven't noticed anything. When I let the car warm up in the afternoon at work there is sometimes a small pool of the sludge under the muffler where it has dripped out. I need some ideas, because the most likely candidate seems to be the turbo.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

- Winston Churchill

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There's always water coming out of the exhaust pipe... As for the "oil" could be fuel if you are running real rich mixed in with the dirty rusting exhaust.
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

Hopefully that's the case, it was super cold the other week so the car was running too rich.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

- Winston Churchill