wheres the engine vin?????????????? help!

This is a discussion on wheres the engine vin?????????????? help! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys i'm lookin for the vin on the engine to prove mileage from a swap, 02 wrx, 04 engine.. ...

wheres the engine vin?????????????? help!

hey guys i'm lookin for the vin on the engine to prove mileage from a swap, 02 wrx, 04 engine.. i looked once but didn't see it. id appreciate it thanks, robert

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ive never acutally looked for one on subarus, but i have found it on other vehicles somewhere on the block. the best way to get an answer to your question would be to call a dealer service dept and they can tell you exactly where to find it.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

I Support ClubWRX
    The engine code could be in either or both of two places: near or on the timing belt cover in the front of the motor on the right side (passenger side in the USA; right as you SIT in the car) and on the rear side of the left side near the base of the head (driver side in the USA; left as you SIT in the car) where the head, block, and gearbox "meet." That's all I know sorry.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

thanks