02 wrx rebuild starts wont stay running

This is a discussion on 02 wrx rebuild starts wont stay running within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok well jus got done rebuilding motor dropped it in and hooked everything up right. well so we thought. The ...

02 wrx rebuild starts wont stay running

ok well jus got done rebuilding motor dropped it in and hooked everything up right. well so we thought. The only thing that was hooked up wrong was that the fuel lines were put on wrong. So we fixed that, so we fired it up for the first time. It fired up and got to 2000 rpms then dumped. Flat on its face, could do it all day long start it up then it dies. thinkin maybe you guys can help me out on this one. been a trial and error so just need some pointers, answers, Help? thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Of course I'll recommend double-checking all the connections, but assuming those are okay:

Take a look at the MAF - you may have screwed something up wrt that. Take a look at the IAC (maybe try holding the throttle slightly open manually - NOT all the way). Make sure none of the intake tract is leaking.

I hope you figure it out...
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

Well we have tried that and vacum too. we think we are loosing fuel preasure? does that make sensE? we changing fuel filter Tommorrow and i gonna put heat in tank cuz gas is kinda old. thanks for your help. Still need tips thank you everyone

Well we have tried that and vacum also. we think we are loosin fuel preasure somewhere and will be replacing fuel filter and a fuel line to see if this helps. and also i was starting it and pumping the gas pedal quick like, and it would stay running but sounded like **** jus missing and didn wanna get up in rpms. if you or anyone else has better ideas anything would help. thank you everyone

sorry about all these post computer went nutts haha thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    List the mods done to the car. If you think your losing fuel pressure then test it. Doesn't make sense to just throw parts`at the car. Check all the sensor and ground connections. I agree with poly-poly man,sounds like the IAC valve or a vacuum leak. Was everything torqued to spec?
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

yeah everything was tourqed down to spec. no mods really jus stock build put front mount on car. getting some codes. ill get number i forgot them. will get those asap and i think it might be fuel injector but taking it to dealer for them to diagnose problem. thanks for your help

yeah everything was tourqed down to spec. no mods really jus stock build put front mount on car. getting some codes. ill get number i forgot them. will get those asap and i think it might be fuel injector but taking it to dealer for them to diagnose problem. thanks for your help

Hey if the crank timing is off will it allow the car to start then die. cause that would mean the crank postion sensor is reading it wrong correct? we checked cam timing is dead on and replaced both sensors. thanks

from me being at a mechanic stand point what i do for a living i agree with donkey and poly poly man dont juss throw parts at it and the timming could be a tooth off on the cams or crank cause that ive had that happen to me before soo its deffently a possible and juss pick a fuel pressure check gauge at autozone for around 20 bucks and juss check the pressure not hard

thats jusss my OP you can take it or leave it

well thank you guys for your input we just got it running... brother forgot to torq intake down... love life haha well thank you all have a good day and make fun of us its cool... but we all make mistakes :P