fuel filter/ water in tank causing misfire?

This is a discussion on fuel filter/ water in tank causing misfire? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Heres the story. I bought a used 2005 wrx. Runs perfect, in good condition. 59,000 miles. I drive out of ...

fuel filter/ water in tank causing misfire?

Heres the story. I bought a used 2005 wrx. Runs perfect, in good condition. 59,000 miles. I drive out of the Coast Guard base and my low fuel light comes on. I figure i still got two gallons left, like most cars. 6 miles later my car starts coughing, and 1 mile after that it dies for good, in front of a gas station thankfully. I fill it up ( with 93 octane of course) and head out. The next day it starts having trouble starting up, and the check engine light comes on. Soon after that it starts running rough and the light starts blinking, so I get the code read and its p0303 and p0301( engine misfire in clyinder 1 and 3). How much gas should I have after the low fuel light comes on????? Could there have been water and stuff in the bottom of my tank, and me running low stirred it? The car was in Miami for its life until the last month or so where it has been in jacksonville. PLz help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I doubt it's due to water. Top of the page there is a sticky titled "If you have a misfire,please read this!"
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I did read that, but if this started happening right after I ran out of gas Im assuming it has something to do with it. Im gonna check the fuel filter and pump and look in the tank, and if thats not the case im gonna start from the top of that misfire thread. :/