flooded intersection
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on flooded intersection within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok so i went through a flooded intersection why? pretty stupid on my part. here is what happened almost made ...

I Support ClubWRX

flooded intersection

ok so i went through a flooded intersection why? pretty stupid on my part. here is what happened almost made it across and my car stalled i had to take off my shoes and socks to get out and get help someone helped me push it into a parking lot i tried starting it a few times but it wouldn't turn over so i let it sit in the lot for about 3hrs then i was able to turn it on drove it home and just flushed the crap out of the oil probably about 8qts of oil i used to flush out the milk . its running fine now but wondering if there is something else i should check out before really driven it ? also my apex exhaust is louder now why is that ? at idle sound the same but once it goes up to 3 4 rpm it roars like a different exhaust. should i pull spark plugs ? oh yeah i had a cai i hope i have no engine damage

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do a compression test.

Usually when an engine gets swamped like that connecting rods end up bent. Especially if it inhaled enough to stop the engine in its tracks and not turn over when attempting to restart.

If you live in a area that floods a lot you may want to re-think the cai approach.. at very least put it so it pulls air from a higher point.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.