AC belt idler / tensioner pulley failure - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on AC belt idler / tensioner pulley failure within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by jrl360 I know this is an old post, but my idler pulley seized and now my 2002 ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jrl360 View Post
    I know this is an old post, but my idler pulley seized and now my 2002 wrx overheats. Does anyone ahve any idea how this would make the car overheat?
    Not me, no. I'd suspect unrelated problems.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've had this issue before- it was caused by an accident. I fixed the problem by bending the tensioner bracket away from the timing belt cover with an arbor press.

edit: posting edits make my post look extraneous: someone before me had mentioned that their pulley and belts were rubbing on the timing belt cover- hence my response.
    Last edited by Obeisance; 09-05-2013 at 04:05 AM.
    David - '05 WRX

ok. i have a 2002 subaru impreza wrx non STI, my ac idler pulley was gouging into my timing belt housing, is there any way to get a metal replacement or do you just kinda have to run with factory stuff?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12