MIS FIRE CODES ALL CYLINDERS

This is a discussion on MIS FIRE CODES ALL CYLINDERS within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i had a flashing CEL got it scanned and there was a whole mess off mis fire codes. my ...

Exclamation MIS FIRE CODES ALL CYLINDERS

so i had a flashing CEL got it scanned and there was a whole mess off mis fire codes. my subaru dealer charged me 200 bucks to " re program" the ecu and said it could be just a crap shoot ( not happy with this guy at all) he said the tech found that my car has an aftermarket flywheel in it and that could be causing the mis fires also but said that he couldnt be for sure....well i just went for a drive and my CEL is back i kinda wanna go drive my car through their showroom floor.... any thoughts? i didnt really let the car warm up b4 i left could that have anything to do with it?

-the car was also in for that gas line recall

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wow never mind just saw the sticky thread...got a little ahead of myself! thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you buy the car from that dealer?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Did you buy the car from that dealer?

no i just bought it from a private seller... the more i get into the car the more i realize he didnt take very good care of it...its got 142k on it.....should i take it back in or should i try some of the stuff from that thread?

I Support ClubWRX
    Then the dealer has not wronged you IMO, so maybe you shouldn't drive your car through their showroom.

Unless it's the flywheel that's causing the CELs then you can try the suggestions in the other thread.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.