HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just got my CEL read and all 4 cylinders are misfiring. i have only owned this car for 3 ...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just got my CEL read and all 4 cylinders are misfiring. i have only owned this car for 3 days. the dealer i bought it from replaced the timing belt and oil seals right before i bought it. (03 wrx) does anyone know what would cause all 4 cylinders to misfire at the same time? is the timing belt not aligned properly? that is the only thing that i can think of since these cars have a coilpack per cylinder. i dont know what else would link all 4 cylinders together to misfire

thanks for the help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Is the car stock?

If all 4 are misfiring, then yes I'd wonder about the timing belt.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

yes it is bone stock

I Support ClubWRX
    Does the car run OK? How does it idle, does it clack or tap loudly? Are the test connectors connected (they should not be connected)?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Take it right back to the dealer. They need to fix this. Unless you bought it as is. What type of warranty did you get with the car?
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

it is going back to the dealer to get fixed thursday.. has anyone ever heard of this? i find it hard to believe that all 4 cylinders would misfire at the same time. especially since they have a coil pack per cylinder.. the timing belt is the only thing that i can think of that connects all 4 coil packs.. other than a ground... i cleaned the maf. checked the coils. and plugs. rough idle and sputters while driving.. so i am driving my tahoe again.. wooohoooo 8MPG!!!!!!!!!!!

Please pm me about this... Okay I cracked the head on my 02 so I'm
    buying an engine out of a totaled wrx but
    the three plastic timing gears got broke seeing as how It hot the
    front. Well the guy says he got hit and ran off the road and centered
    it on a tree stump should I go ahead and get this? Does it sound like a problem.. Pm me asap for this also one of the wheels gt pushed in. I'm
    buying
    the whole car as a parts car btw

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by New02scooby View Post
    Please pm me about this...
    Your best bet is to start a new thread rather than add onto this one.

Okay I cracked the head on my 02 so I'm
    buying an engine out of a totaled wrx but
    the three plastic timing gears got broke seeing as how It hot the
    front.
    If you are talking about the camshaft sprockets, has the timing belt jumped?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.