idle problem

This is a discussion on idle problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i am new to this forum and to turbo cars and imports for that matter..i have a 03 wrx and ...

Exclamation idle problem

i am new to this forum and to turbo cars and imports for that matter..i have a 03 wrx and it has a really rough idle. almost like it has a cam in it.. and i smelll a little oil (bought with oil seals leaking. and had replaced at dealership, did timing belt aswell.) it just threw a CEL. but when the driving it has plenty of power thru all 5 gears, and cant feel a misfire or skip anywhere thru the power band.. so i am at a loss. i have no idea what is wrong with my car.. any help would be awesome.. thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do you know what codes caused the CEL? May help with identifying your problem.

not yet. getting them read in the morning

I have a similar problem and am still working on it. The idle is rough but the tach stays steady when at idle. It definitely feels like it's got a bigger cam or something. I've consistently got the P0301 cylinder 1 misfire code. The plug isn't fouled out and I switched the coil packs on 1 and 3 with no change. I also ran a fuel cleaner through the last 2 tanks of gas. Put a new MAF in it as well. Still throws the same code. Not that that helps you any but we sound like we're in a similar boat.