Stock 2002 WRX, 67k miles, blown engine?! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Stock 2002 WRX, 67k miles, blown engine?! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by MainFrame Correct.. that still doesn't mean that there is any way parts of it could go into ...

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Correct.. that still doesn't mean that there is any way parts of it could go into the engine.
    i think what he meant is that the cat can destroy the turbine side of the turbo that could cause the compressor side to contact the housing breaking pieces off the compressor wheel sending them into the engine

good luck with the car, you should definitely be able to get something done for much less than 7k! i'm assuming that was new parts and whatnot... a good shape used td-04 can run less than 100$ off forums vs close to 1k new

-Alex
    LIVE LOUD, ROCK HARD!!@

2003 WRX wagon 16g + 6 speed

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow. The first thing I thought about was someone botched your oil change. I feel like you should be filing a complaint in more places... there's no way your turbo and engine explode after 70,000 miles after being maintained religiously.

Sucks man, hope that mechanic finds that engine for you because $7k is a lot of money... you can almost buy another used WRX for that price.

i just boughtg a 03 wrx sedan with a known #4 misfire'''

i paid 5500 for it and knew what i had and was getting into.
    number 4 rear most exhaust valve is burndt about 3/4" the othe one was fine. so im gunna lapp in the two new exhaust valves and check all my valve lash....put it all back together with a header, uppipe and turbo back exhaust kit. and hopefully its a great car for me and my kids in the long run?

I Support ClubWRX
    Time to sell the car for a decent enough price to pay cash for a car that runs

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I appreciate all the replies, guys. I'm still harassing Subaru (wrote a letter that is going to SOA, the dealership, BBB of VA and a few consumer protection agencies). I doubt anything will come of it, but it can't hurt to try.

In the meantime, a friend of mine loaned me her car for a christmas trip I had planned. Its an 09 STi with a cobb stage 2 kit in it. As annoyed as I am with Subaru, this car is making it very hard to swear them off entirely.

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you take it to Farrish? If it was due to oil starvation then it's not really Subaru's fault unless the pick up tube broke. FYI- $50 oil pressure gauge are worth their weight in gold for any car. My fist mod for any car i buy is a good set of gauges. Did the "oil" light ever come on?
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

No light ever came on. Currently, the car is on a tow truck getting taken to a local tuning shop who is probably going to swap in an engine for me. I'm definitely going to have them look at the old one and try to figure out how it died. If it was oil starvation, I'll be talking to the dealership who did the 60k work and oil change recently.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12