please help me!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on please help me!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My 03 subaru wrx i just bought has been cutting out bad when i accelerate not even getting on it ...

please help me!!!

My 03 subaru wrx i just bought has been cutting out bad when i accelerate not even getting on it and when i push in the clutch the car drops down to almost 0 rpm and acts like it wants to die but just spits and sputters. Then when i try and accelerate it jerks forward and wont even go. Whats my problem plz help me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is the car stock or modded?

Do you have access to an OBDII reader to pull codes?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Has sti turbo 650 yellow top injectors 3 1/2'' downpipe to 3" exhaust, other than that stock and yes I have one it only throws the o2 code

Quote Originally Posted by rtorrill09 View Post
    Has sti turbo 650 yellow top injectors 3 1/2'' downpipe to 3" exhaust, other than that stock and yes I have one it only throws the o2 code
    Has the car been tuned to run these mods?

The guy I bought it off of said it has been retuned for all the mods on 15 pounds but i noticed today when I apply the brake is when it spits and sputters the rpms drop almost to 0. So i Have no clue

If you don't know for sure if it's been tuned for those mods, then I'd assume it hasn't. Step 1 in troubleshooting this would be to make sure it has the right tune.

Lots of people that sell cars say things that aren't true.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by rtorrill09 View Post
    The guy I bought it off of said it has been retuned for all the mods on 15 pounds but i noticed today when I apply the brake is when it spits and sputters the rpms drop almost to 0. So i Have no clue
    How long have you had this car? Has it always done this? Where are you located?

simailar isshues

eh about 2 months ago...i had a problem with some servere bucking, throttle responce, ideling with my 03 wrx origional owner some mods @ 108,000miles. i had a DTC it was a iso 9145(i think that was the #) code it started every once and a wyle until about a monthe later the CEL stayed on every day for about 2 weeks. i have been doing drivability for a long time. this code came and went. my computer went into open loop(OL). if your car is running in OL your computer will only be running on basic operations preprogramed and not adjusting itself properly. if you can check this out you will need a scanner to can run diagnostics wyle driving or ideling with car at normal operating temps. now i have NEVER seen a o2 create this bad of a driving problem. like i said years of drivability for ford(10+yrs). i changed my sensor with all the doubts in the world. Fixed A few weeks later ended with another code on n off...crack on my turbo air inlet pipe. replaced and better than brand new. hope some of this helps

I completely agree with getting the tune checked, but also have you taken into consideration of the basics? Check your MAF, Injectors themselves, or sparkplugs? I realize that all of the stated issues above should have thrown a MIL, but hey, anything is possible. Just speaking from previous experience, don't over look something small! Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.