What's the engine doing in this video??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on What's the engine doing in this video??? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Man the more and more i look at this thread the more and more i hate myself for not getting ...

Man the more and more i look at this thread the more and more i hate myself for not getting some reciept or anything from those guys that put the engine in the car....

but its all good i WILL get my baby back on the road here soon... i hope. just wana say thanks for the imput guys and tyler you the man for helpin me out bro!
    Shanky Son!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Smeee View Post
    In reviewing worst case scenarios, I'm having a hard time finding a replacement 'EJ205'.

Would this engine work:
    Link to " EJ20 DOHC Engine only Subaru Impreza Single Turbo"

If not, what specifics do i need to look for?
    and yea would this engine work? if i do happen to need to swap it? if not anyone know where i can get one?
    Shanky Son!

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    The price on that engine is way too low, do a quick google search for that company, bad reviews lots of them.

A replacement shortblock can be purchased from your local Subaru parts department.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    The price on that engine is way too low, do a quick google search for that company, bad reviews lots of them.

A replacement shortblock can be purchased from your local Subaru parts department.
    TERRIBLE REVIEWS FROM THAT PLACE! TERRIBLE

Called up Subaru and they can hook up a new shortblock for 1900 and then a full gasket kit for about 320, sooo pretty much 2250 for a reliable fix. I would imagine though that we would need to get a new water pump, timing belt, etc, RIGHT??? I get the impression that the shortblock is just that, the block, nothing more, no?

So today we pulled the cam cover to check the timing belt and what do we find, MISSING PARTS!

Well first off we noticed that a couple bolt holes for the cam cover were broke, no big deal, then i realized there were two bolt holes right by the crank sprocket that had nothing on them...weird. Checked the manual and sure enough the timing belt guide was missing, THEN, i noticed the belt tensioner was leaking and the belt was kind of loose. Upon further inspection, the timing belt was off two teeth from the passenger intake to the crank sprocket...LAME. Anywho, b/c of the potential damage to the heads we have decided to go with a long block versus the subaru short block. The dealership said that long blocks for that year aren't available anymore.

Looking around I found Colorodo Component Rebuilders, they seem to have a decent price on a rebuilt longblock and from what I have read, a good reputation.

this was the thread on NASIOC
    trustworthy engine retailer? - NASIOC

What do you think guys? make sense?

Makes more sense than a tired old Japanese engine with no support.

If you going with a longblock, what about a 2.5l?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    Makes more sense than a tired old Japanese engine with no support.
    If you going with a longblock, what about a 2.5l?
    thought about it, buuuuuut it seems like this setup doesn't come with exhaust/intake mani's, turbo, etc. I don't know if it technically is a longblock, buuut i know it doesn't come with an ecu or a wiring harness, both of which i know would be needed to switch to the 2.5

You would need the ECU, I didnt know the wiring harness was needed. My ECU quit on me after I had my shortblock replaced the used replacement ECU was only $135 (2.0l ECU)

^hmmmm, good to know. the 2.5 is obviously more expensive, but rightfully so...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123