car blowing cold air

This is a discussion on car blowing cold air within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys my car is blowing cold air when the knob is turned to max heat its really cold out ...

car blowing cold air

hey guys my car is blowing cold air when the knob is turned to max heat its really cold out and any help would be appreciated im thinking my heater core has a blockage but who knows it'll blow hot air for a little not even a minute later it gets cold
    2003 Impreza WRX Sport Wagon

"I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Is it fast? I don't even know if its street legal. O.o (IROC-Z)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Does the interior ventilator fan work consistently?

Did you do any work to the radiator or cooling system recently?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

the fan doesnt cut off or anything of that nature and i did a coolant system flush last year worked fine up until now so who knows i have access to all data so im just gonna have to print off a bunch of crap and start taking stuff apart and im not leaking anything so thats always a plus too

"I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

I Support ClubWRX
    Does the selector switch on the dash work? An obstruction isn't impossible but it is hard to come by, especially if you have maintained the system as you have.

Did you burp the system fully when you replaced the coolant? Have you used the heater since then?
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Does the temperature gauge go all the way up to operating temperature?
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Yeah the temp gauge went all the way up so the thermostat works but I fixed it it was severely low on coolant SO TO ANYONE READING THIS WITH THE SAME PROBLEM BEFORE YOU TEAR STUFF OUT Just add some coolant see what happens

I Support ClubWRX
    The real issue is why you were low on coolant. Find out and fix that ASAP.

My friends its the notorious head gasket leak but its very slow i havent added coolant since i started the thread so its something that'll get replaced when i gets more money good talk good talk

A head gasket leak can lead to a blown motor, so I wouldn't sit on that for very long.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading