Subaru Temperature Problem!!!!!

This is a discussion on Subaru Temperature Problem!!!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi Guys, Im new to this and to Subaru's.... Recently i purchased a 2003 Blob Eye Model with after market ...

Subaru Temperature Problem!!!!!

Hi Guys,

Im new to this and to Subaru's....

Recently i purchased a 2003 Blob Eye Model with after market mods such as; Front Mounted Intercooler etc... Any way everything has been fine until the other night me and a friend tried to install a dump valve as the only way the turbo is getting rid of the turbo pressure is through the induction kit as its blowing back down the intake pipe (again dont know if this is ok?!) giving me "turbo chatter"??? when we tried to find where the dump valve fitted we realised that the after market pipes running rom the engine to the intercooler didnt have a connection for a dump valve. There was a pipe coming out of the top of the engine at the rear next to where the intercooler pipes connected that had been blocked off which im guessing was something to do with the standard intercooler...??? Its hard to explain for me but if u can kind of imagine what im describing that would be great! (if not go to google images and type subaru impreza engine my car looks like first pic! Anyway we unfortunately we lost the blocker off that pipe..but my friend said no bother he had another one similar and replaced it and tightened the jubilee clip as tight as it would go... The reason we took the blocker off in first place was because we thought it might have been where the dump valve fitted!

Any way ever since then when ive been driving her on a motorway or open road doing steady 70mph ive watched the water temp guage go from just above a 1/4 where its always been to 3/4 !!! ive pulled over a few times and blasted internal heater and it shoots right back down again... BUT and this is a big BUT when im stuck in traffic with heater OFF the car remains normal!!! !!!!!!! It is intermittant and seems to come and go as it pleases...not all the time....But Surely it should be the other way round?!?!?!

Has anybody experienced anything like this? should i be worried?! I will also say weve had temperatures below freezing in Leicester recently so could it be the temperature change in climate??? Please if anybody can help that would be great!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You might have air in the coolant system. Time to burp the baby.

All the other lingo went over my head. I think I understand what you are saying but your terms are way different then what I am used to.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

What mods does the car have?

If you posted a photo it would help. What you describe is hard to imagine.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading