2011 WRX Dash Buzzing
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX Dash Buzzing within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just drew my new 2011 WRX cross country and now I hear a slight buzzing sound at certain speeds on ...

2011 WRX Dash Buzzing

Just drew my new 2011 WRX cross country and now I hear a slight buzzing sound at certain speeds on certain road surfaces. I'm sure something has just worked itself just loose enough to get annoying. I can recreate the sound when I tap the dash between the clock readout and the windshield. Anybody had that before?

Is there an easy way to get under there and figure out what it is? Or is this something I might as well take it to the dealer to have them tear it apart?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the oddities that are subaru. lol..

When I first got my 2010 it was super quiet.. then as it got cold the car came alive like the woods do at night. There were ticks/buzzes coming from all over the place.

if its in the middle of the dash there may not be much the dealer can do about it.. but wouldn't hurt to bring it to them and say something about it. I bought some stick on foam and fixed all mine myself. Either way, its a normal subaru thing to have the interior buzz/creak. I'm not sure anymore if mine has quieted down some since I got it.. or if I just dont hear its little quirks anymore.

It is annoying that a car that new makes noise though isn't it? .. I was pretty ticked.. but.. the rest of the car outweighs its minor flaws.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Yeah, I just put 3,000 miles on it moving from NY to WA so I guess the honeymoon period of the quiet nice ride it was at first is starting to wear off.

I just got done pulling trim pieces off and pulling my aftermarket DVD/Nav unit out to come to find out that there were some wires that were buzzing on some of the other stuff back there. After a few light yanks and resetting some of the wires back behind the head unit it is back to it's normal old self. So that was a pretty easy fix. When the temperatures change I definitely hear some creaks and cracks from all throughout the car. Oh well, like you said the benefits outweigh a few noises here and there.

Nice, good to hear you got it sorted. Yeah a car without charm (or quirks.. depending on pov) would be nice but then again.. it wouldn't be so much fun lol
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.