2004 WRX Power Loss? Please help... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2004 WRX Power Loss? Please help... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hahahaha ... I know there is numbers but I just never paid attention to it, usually say "premium"...

hahahaha ... I know there is numbers but I just never paid attention to it, usually say "premium"
    Pic to soon to come ...... 19 yrs old. Drive a Subbie( Im a newbie). 3rd Year Of college going to third.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ok so, we have an update. I finally went to bite the bullet and took the car to the Subaru dealership. $85 and 20 minutes later they told me the valve for the turbo needs to be replaced, and that should solve my problem.

Does this sound like a reasonable fix? I'd like to hear the opinions from you guys before I go spending $300 to get it fixed.

I Support ClubWRX
    What "valve"? There is the wastegate actuator and the boost control solenoid. My guess is the car just needs to be tuned for the exhaust. A free flowing exhaust will allow the turbo to hit the boost cut.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    What "valve"? There is the wastegate actuator and the boost control solenoid. My guess is the car just needs to be tuned for the exhaust. A free flowing exhaust will allow the turbo to hit the boost cut.
    Ok so I got the wastegate actuator replaced. Didn't do ****. Now they are telling me the turbo is bad. I don't believe it myself.

Where would I take the car to get it tuned to allow the exhaust? Like I said I'm new to the car, is this something that someplace in my state can even do? How expensive is it?

I'm from Maine, and I'm a college student, any advice is appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12