2008 WRX Trouble

This is a discussion on 2008 WRX Trouble within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2008 WRX completely bone stock, has 41000 miles. I threw a code the other day p0171, started ...

2008 WRX Trouble

I have a 2008 WRX completely bone stock, has 41000 miles. I threw a code the other day p0171, started looking at the PID list and noticed my O2S11 was reading 2.1v. Now it's my understanding that they shouldn't read above 1v replaced sensor and still reading the same thing. It does have a slight sputter when i accelerate onto the interstate. Anyone have any input?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    This it not your problem. Don't deal with it. It's Subaru's problem since the car has a warranty.

Take it to the dealer, who will likely troubleshoot it at length following the book and probably only conclude it's the MAF sensor or a leak after a while (my guess based on PO171 fun memories). In any case, whether I'm right about that or not, have them fix it under warranty.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I did take it to the dealer and they told me 3/36000 was the only warranty i had.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ABoismenu View Post
    I have a 2008 WRX completely bone stock, has 41000 miles. I threw a code the other day p0171, started looking at the PID list and noticed my O2S11 was reading 2.1v. Now it's my understanding that they shouldn't read above 1v replaced sensor and still reading the same thing. It does have a slight sputter when i accelerate onto the interstate. Anyone have any input?
    The front O2 sensor is a 5v sensor not a 1v sensor. You might possibly have a post MAF leak or something.Read the link below.http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=475620
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S