got sideswiped in my bugeye :( can't afford repairs...what to do?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on got sideswiped in my bugeye :( can't afford repairs...what to do? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; well brace yourselves....last week i was sideswiped while changing lanes in downtown amarillo. quite a bit of damage to my ...

got sideswiped in my bugeye :( can't afford repairs...what to do?

well brace yourselves....last week i was sideswiped while changing lanes in downtown amarillo. quite a bit of damage to my left front including quarter panel, front bumper, front cf lip kit, cf hood, headlight assembly, tie rod, strut assembly, probably cv axle, and i'm sure more to come...still waiting on estimate...luckily i don't think anything under the hood was damaged.

my dumbass only has liability insurance, not comprehensive, and of course because the accident was my fault, i would be out of pocket the $5000+ that it's going to end up costing. needless to say, this college student cannot afford that :/

so i'm now faced with either parting out the car or selling it out right as it is (undriveable)

my baby's specs are in my profile...so what should i do that would end up benefitting me the most?

thanks for anything and everything guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It probably won't be cheap, but I'd wait until you get an exact estimate to make your decision, who knows it may end up only costing like 2-3k.

Got any pics of the damage?
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

You could always ask them to only fix what's necessary to make it driveable and/or take out a loan for it.
    -Holden
    Bugeye wagon - ERZ Uppipe - TurboXS Axleback - Swift Springs - JNA Lip

:(

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lucybad.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	90896
    Last edited by inferno2112; 11-30-2010 at 01:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.