useing alot of oil

This is a discussion on useing alot of oil within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hiya just got my wrx about 4 weeks ago and its useing alot of oil. i do do alot of ...

useing alot of oil

hiya just got my wrx about 4 weeks ago and its useing alot of oil. i do do alot of miles. plus the car is high milage. could some one give me some info on this as i dont have a clue thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What year car, how many miles on the car, any mods, how many miles is a lot, how much oil are you using?
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

Welcome to ClubWRX! Please read this thread, and post more information about the issue your car is having.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/general-maintenance-troubleshooting-accidents/134326138-how-ask-technical-question-post2695565.html

We also need your definitional for "using". Is it leaking or burning the oil?

a cant see eny leeks i just had the rocker cover gaskets done they are now fine. i check the oil often but it dont show on the dip stick. so a top it up with half a litre and with in a week its not showin on the dip stick again. its done 96 an no mods it a 2003 wrx all i have done is put a back box on
    Last edited by jagtaz; 11-29-2010 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    What year car, how many miles on the car, any mods, how many miles is a lot, how much oil are you using?
    its a 2003 its done 96000 and a use about half litre a week thanks

Wow
    ...it takes less time to do a thing right, than it does to explain why you did it wrong...