Please Help Me, I'm new

This is a discussion on Please Help Me, I'm new within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Sorry for being so blunt with the heading, just need some help. I'm having some issues with my car such ...

Exclamation Please Help Me, I'm new

Sorry for being so blunt with the heading, just need some help. I'm having some issues with my car such as my boost is only reaching a max of .05 mpa in each gear full throttle. I was told that it is supposed to reach around .08-.09 factory boost. I have looked over all my hose on the TMIC and also checked the boost lines and so fourth. I didn't see anything cracked or off of anything else. Also after the car is hot and has been driving around for just a bit it every once in awhile idles pretty rough. Like a bum bum bum bum kinda idle that you can actually feel the car shaking/vibrating or something. It doesn't change rpm's when it does it it just idles a little rough. I did take it to a shop a few weeks back and the guy at the shop took off the TMIC and fixed some intake hoses that were not seated properly he said and he also lastly changed my boost lines saying the ones on the car were completely wrong lines. (My car was running lean and stalling out thats why I was at the shop by the way, there wasn't a boost issue then). He said he put a restrictor pill in the boost line as well that he said wasn't in there and it needs to be in there, :/ no clue what that is lol. So the problem now is after he did all that I'm only pushing .05mpoa full throttle in every gear. IDK what the issue could be. Could it be that restrictor pill causing that? Is that supposed to be on this car? I did notice though that the vacuum line going off the T to the side of the car where the wasgate valve or w/e it is is 2 hoses connected together with a little gray plug, is that supposed to be 1 solid hose or 2 plugged together? Any help would be highly appreciated, I can't stand not being at maximum factory boost, it's no fun.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/genera...hp?t=134326138

Well you didn't even list what year/model car you have and you didn't list your mods. Could be alot of things. Boost leak,vacuum lines, ECU intervention. What shop did you take it too? Yes you need the pill.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?ID=3482

So was this an exhisting issue or it just started happening? The more info you give us,the better we can troubleshoot.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

^^^ +1 also what kind of guage are you running? how was it installed? Do you hear the turbo spool correctly??

As far as rought idle and shaky depending on year and type o car (still waiting) may simply need motor mounts or could be something hazardus, need more info

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/genera...hp?t=134326138

Well you didn't even list what year/model car you have and you didn't list your mods. Could be alot of things. Boost leak,vacuum lines, ECU intervention. What shop did you take it too? Yes you need the pill.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?ID=3482

So was this an exhisting issue or it just started happening? The more info you give us,the better we can troubleshoot.
    Sorry, it's a 2006 wrx. It's completely stock. It doesn't shake like it would be motor mounts or anything its just a slight rough idle, kinda like spark plugs will make your car run I'm just not positive if it's spark plugs. I took it to Agile Auto Performance. It was not having this boost issue before I got it to that shop but afterwards from the shop it was pushing a max of .05 mpa on the factory Lamco gauge. I can't seem to figure out why the heck its only pushing .05 mpa now when all he did was change an intake tube and change the boost lines. There are no mods on this car either, its completely stock.

I Support ClubWRX
    Take the car back to them. Maybe they can run a datalog or check the IAM. Maybe they forgot to tighten a clamp and you have a boost leak. Sounds like the car was modded before and returned to stock to be sold. The ECU has the ability to reduce boost if there is an issue. Specificly the detection of knock.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by zack_1989 View Post
    all he did was change an intake tube and change the boost lines.
    maybe he didn't connect/tighten something properly.

Take the car back to them. Maybe they can run a datalog or check the IAM. Maybe they forgot to tighten a clamp and you have a boost leak. Sounds like the car was modded before and returned to stock to be sold. The ECU has the ability to reduce boost if there is an issue. Specificly the detection of knock.
    Knock Detection??? You mean a rod knock?

I Support ClubWRX
    No,detonation.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

No,detonation.
    Gotcha. Is that harmful to the motor?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zack_1989 View Post
    Gotcha. Is that harmful to the motor?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_knocking
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Red face

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna have to take it to a shop though now cause I've tried everything and looked at everything I can possibly think of. These cars are a pain in the ass to look over because there's so much stuff in the way and involved in taking off just to get to one small part. Guess I gotta learn how to work on them slowly since this is my first one, it's no Honda that's for sure.