2011 blue tooth problems?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 blue tooth problems? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I can't even use blue tooth for phone calls because people complain they hear a bunch of noise and interference. ...

2011 blue tooth problems?

I can't even use blue tooth for phone calls because people complain they hear a bunch of noise and interference. I have an iphone4 and use the blue tooth in a Nissan Murano all the time with no issue's at all.

Anyone else have problems? I've tried keeping the phone away from the radio, used the lowest volume possible, made sure the phone battery was full, etc...
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

KHP
    I haven't had anyone complain to me yet about using the OEM bluetooth/handsfree system. So I'm guessing mine is working fine. I have an iPhone 3GS BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    I can't even use blue tooth for phone calls because people complain they hear a bunch of noise and interference. I have an iphone4 and use the blue tooth in a Nissan Murano all the time with no issue's at all.

Anyone else have problems? I've tried keeping the phone away from the radio, used the lowest volume possible, made sure the phone battery was full, etc...
    Take it to the dealer. There were issues with this. I wanna say it was with the factory sub and blue tooth or something goofy like that. Not sure if there's a fix yet for it or not.

Just for reference, I have an iPhone 4 as well and have not had any major problems.

A couple of times where people could tell I was in the car but that is to be expected.

Op do you have a factory sub?

Thanks for the input guys. No I don't have the factory sub. I really hope I don't have to take it to a dealer. I bought the car 2 hours away because of the price and my local dealer sucks bad. I had to order 3 pieces the guy broke tinting my windows and I dread going to them for anything else.

People have said my moto droid is also picking up a lot of road noise thru the bluetooth in my 2011, but it works. Doesn't work great though and even get complaints when not driving and parked

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkmonkey56 View Post
    People have said my moto droid is also picking up a lot of road noise thru the bluetooth in my 2011, but it works. Doesn't work great though and even get complaints when not driving and parked
    This is pretty much were I'm at with it.

I've synced my phone on just about every subaru (iphone 4) and I've never had issues yet. There is always that speaker phone sound. Only problems I've encountered are phones that don't work well with out system which an iphone isn't one of them, or the 11's with a factory sub. You don't have to take your car to the dealer you bought it at. Is there one closer?

Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    I've synced my phone on just about every subaru (iphone 4) and I've never had issues yet. There is always that speaker phone sound. Only problems I've encountered are phones that don't work well with out system which an iphone isn't one of them, or the 11's with a factory sub. You don't have to take your car to the dealer you bought it at. Is there one closer?
    I know, the dealer I bought it at is 2 hours away. My local dealer sucks bad. It's a small family owned place that's been around forever and they are the worst people I've ever tried to deal with in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post

I'm having exactly the same problem. However, it seems to be a bigger problem when I'm on Edge. Haven't had any complaints while on 3g. I think it's a reception issue somehow because sometimes it starts out fine and then goes static.

Quote Originally Posted by kd5gwf View Post
    I'm having exactly the same problem. However, it seems to be a bigger problem when I'm on Edge. Haven't had any complaints while on 3g. I think it's a reception issue somehow because sometimes it starts out fine and then goes static.
    Interesting, I have no problems in the Nissan while on edge or 3g.

it might be your tints if you got the metal based type

I got the carbon based tints just so I wouldn't have any type of interference

btw thanks for the pictures, i ended up getting 20% too
    although everytime i pass by a cop I get nervous as hell LOL, 8 cops in one day = bad for my heart

My wife said I sounded better than normal when using the BT in the car. I've got a Blackberry and don't put it in the same place reliably either. Usually it's on the passenger seat but sometimes in the cubby under the A/C controls where the cig lighter is.

I do speak like an idiot though...real loud like an old man not understanding where the microphone is (which is the truth ). So maybe voice volume helps the system reduce out the background noise?
    Steve // 2008 Lexus IS-F // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

I've had complaints from the wife that I sound like I'm in some sort of box. Duh! I am! LOL I have to talk slow, and loud (both not my habit), in order for her to hear me. We still miscommunicate because of the "not great" microphone. Sometimes, I find myself talking up toward the ceiling (where the mic's at).
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast