2011 blue tooth problems? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2011 blue tooth problems? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well, at least I know it's a common problem and not just mine. I guess the blue tooth is right ...

Well, at least I know it's a common problem and not just mine. I guess the blue tooth is right on par with the rest of the wrx interior quality.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

im having just about the same problems with my bluetooth.

I have an iphone 4 and as SOON as i get on the highway or highway speeds such as over 60? i think.
    my gf says it gets loud. as in too much road noise. i always have to turn off bluetooth and end up holding the phone to my ear.

I've went to the dealer to get it checked out. but they said its perfectly fine?
    The bluetooth is almost completely useless cause I mainly drive on the highway.

Would it be possible to perhaps try to enclose the mic better? I figured it's worth a try whenever I get a chance and get the right material.

These cars sure don't seem Apple-friendly. I've read a bunch of other threads about the headunit not working well with iPods...and here it seems the BT doesn't work so hot with iPhones.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

My Ipod control works great. So does the audio streaming using the Iphone. Just not for phone calls. The owners manual says to keep the volume as low as possible for phone calls and keep the phone away from the head unit. That still didn't help much. I would like to try it with another phone for the heck of it.

Hey guys a bit off topic, but I have to sync my phone for audio and hands free every time I get in the car. Any one else has this problem?

Might need more detail like what kinda phone u have. I have a moto droid 1. With my bluetooth always left active on the phone, I start the car and within a min the car finds my phone and the bluetooth is syncd for calls or bta pandora radio,

My bad, iphone 4... prior to this phone I had the iphone 3G (non S) and that worked great... jumped in and picked up phone automatically.

The iphone4 I have to sync every time I off the car and jump back in.

I have an iPhone 4 as well and that has happened once to me (car wouldn't sync). The only think you need to do would be turn off BT on your phone and then turn BT back on and it will sync back up with the car automatically.

Thx, I'll give this a shot... I mean it's a PITA to sync every time I jump in the car... hope this works.

This didn't work - I tried clearing the memory on both the phone and car, repair and the same thing. I don't know if it's the car or phone. Im incline to think the phone since my old iphone 3G paired up beautifully.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxerjoe View Post
    This didn't work - I tried clearing the memory on both the phone and car, repair and the same thing. I don't know if it's the car or phone. Im incline to think the phone since my old iphone 3G paired up beautifully.

Any ideas?
    You know anyone else with an Iphone 4?

good idea - I'll see if it's the car or my phone.

Well, I finally decided to call my dealer today. Service manager was really cool. He is going to talk with his Subaru rep and get back to me. So maybe if you guys are having the same problem you could contact your dealer just so Subaru becomes more aware of the issue. Not that anything will be done anyway..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.