GRind when car starts in gear and jerky when shifting
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on GRind when car starts in gear and jerky when shifting within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Sometimes when I park my car I leave it in 1st gear, then when i comeback to start the car ...

GRind when car starts in gear and jerky when shifting

Sometimes when I park my car I leave it in 1st gear, then when i comeback to start the car the car grinds and it wont start then after another try it works.

Usually I would put it in neutral then the car works fine. Any ideas with whats wrong? Am I not suppose to start the car in gear?

And when Im drivin I shift i let the clutch slowly... as possible the car jerks all the time, I try to have a smooth drive by letting the clutch slowly but it doesnt really work.

I usually shift around 3-4k rpm. My car is a 2002 WRX bug eye sedan with 137,000 its been well taken care of. The maintenance has been done 100xxx timing belt, fluids etc... Please help me before major problems come thanks !

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MrG00k View Post
    Sometimes when I park my car I leave it in 1st gear, then when i comeback to start the car the car grinds and it wont start then after another try it works.

Usually I would put it in neutral then the car works fine. Any ideas with whats wrong? Am I not suppose to start the car in gear?

And when Im drivin I shift i let the clutch slowly... as possible the car jerks all the time, I try to have a smooth drive by letting the clutch slowly but it doesnt really work.

I usually shift around 3-4k rpm. My car is a 2002 WRX bug eye sedan with 137,000 its been well taken care of. The maintenance has been done 100xxx timing belt, fluids etc... Please help me before major problems come thanks !
    Not sure about the starting in gear issue but explain the noise a little better and i'll try to help you out.Does the car have a lightweight flywheel? Mine does and if you dont have the rpms up a little more than usual, it bucks. Dont forget, Subarus are known for clutch chatter so you may be feeling that also. Try to slip the clutch a little bit with the rpms a little higher than what you do now and report back.
    NYCE1S.com
    www.Nyce1s.com
    Follow us on our Facebook fan page:Nyce1s.com
    Follow us on Twitter:@Rwnyce1s & @Nyce1s

92' Bubble with K20 swap.Tuned by Yosolo with KPRO
    02' WRX with basic bolt-ons(for now)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.