NEED HELP WITH TURBO NOISE

This is a discussion on NEED HELP WITH TURBO NOISE within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; When i'm using my turbo and I get it to about 15 psi the turbo gauge will drop to about ...

NEED HELP WITH TURBO NOISE

When i'm using my turbo and I get it to about 15 psi the turbo gauge will drop to about 7-10psi then jump back up to 15 psi, along with making a loud bang noise that shook my car. The car still runs fine but there's something wrong with the turbo. Can anyone give me some suggestions I really need help on this one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by glamoureux View Post
    When i'm using my turbo and I get it to about 15 psi the turbo gauge will drop to about 7-10psi then jump back up to 15 psi, along with making a loud bang noise that shook my car. The car still runs fine but there's something wrong with the turbo. Can anyone give me some suggestions I really need help on this one.
    What modifications are done to the vehicle? Are you tuned? How many miles are on the car? is the clutch slipping at all? Have you done all the preliminary checks such as making sure all vacuum/ boost lines are secure? So does this happen every time your heavy into the throttle? It wont hold target boost your saying?

i have all the tunes listed in my another post and it is tuned. I checked all the vacuum hoses and there all good. i have a stage 2.5 tune from cobb. and yes its only when im high in boost. im set for 18 psi and it will hit 15 psi and the gauge vibrates. the clutch is perfect. i just cant figure it out...

Quote Originally Posted by glamoureux View Post
    i have all the tunes listed in my another post and it is tuned. I checked all the vacuum hoses and there all good. i have a stage 2.5 tune from cobb. and yes its only when im high in boost. im set for 18 psi and it will hit 15 psi and the gauge vibrates. the clutch is perfect. i just cant figure it out...
    We don't know what other post you are talking about. Please post a link to it, or relist your mods in this thread.
    Did this only start happening after you changed something?

Also please only post a thread once. There is no need to put it in multiple parts of the forum.

i gave it to a mechanic and he said that he connected a vacuum tube that wasn't connected, and i dont know if that is whats wrong. but heres the list:
    2.5 Cobb tuning mad flashed into the computer, that includes:

vf-34 turbocharger
    sti injectors
    turbo xs exhaust system
    perrin up pipe
    light weight crank pulley
    act heave duty clutch
    aftermarket bushing upgrade on all suspension parts
    sti v-7 struts

So the problem started after your mechanic re-attached a vacuum line or the problem was fixed after he re-attached the vacuum line?

it seemed like it started when he reconnected it. i just had routine maintenance done like oil change and valve cover gasket replacement. and new spark plugs. it was just simple maintenance stuff. the only thing that really sticks out is that he reconnected a disconnected vacuum hose. Have you heard of a vacuum hose being disconnected on purpose?

I don't suppose you know which vacuum line it was?