05 wrx engine removal

This is a discussion on 05 wrx engine removal within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have an 05 wrx and im tryin to pull the engine and i have all the bell housing bolts ...

05 wrx engine removal

i have an 05 wrx and im tryin to pull the engine and i have all the bell housing bolts out along with the clutch fork dial pin but it is still hung up and not come out any opinions

thankz

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Engine mounts unbolted? I know, probably a stupid question, but you never know the things you miss when working on cars.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

yeah motor mounts are unbolted and yeah i understand were your coming from on sayin that its always the stupid stuff that gets you.. lol.. it juss wont separate from the bell housing...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by baker View Post
    yeah motor mounts are unbolted and yeah i understand were your coming from on sayin that its always the stupid stuff that gets you.. lol.. it juss wont separate from the bell housing...
    Good deal. There's some kind of sealant that runs around that mating surface that you have to break loose if this is the first time you've done it on this car, so it will take a good amount of force to get it out of there. If ever you do any prying or hammering to attempt to get it free though, make sure you're using a 2x4 or at least some kind of wood to absorb the blows.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

yeah man i have been using 2x4 and stuff .... but i went to mechanics school for automotive tech. and this thing juss has me puzzled lol and my neighbor is puzzled to and he was an automotive tech for mercedes and ferrai and he is kinda puzzled too man its wierd

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah man i have been using 2x4 and stuff .... but i went to mechanics school for automotive tech. and this thing juss has me puzzled lol and my neighbor is puzzled to and he was an automotive tech for mercedes and ferrai and he is kinda puzzled too man its wierd
    Unfortunately, cars are just like that sometimes. It's like any of us going to the doctor, we'll fight tooth and nail to keep any of our body parts in tact or keep probes out of us.

Try doing some prying and hitting it with a hammer and shaking it around, if that seal starts to break around the mating surface between the bellhousing and the engine block, you'll know what's hanging on. Once again though, make sure you have everything disconnected as well as supported before you do.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

yeah we pryed and hammered for lik 3 hours today and nothing i think the dial pins are hangin it up

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah we pryed and hammered for lik 3 hours today and nothing i think the dial pins are hangin it up
    Could be. Only advice at this point is to double check everything you did along the way and try to spot anything that's binding.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Very common. Just keep at it, but make absolutely certain all is unbolted.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

went out side today afteer sleepin on it last nite and it came right out no problems i think letting it sit over nite and settle after using some WD40 sprayed around the block it loosed up block on the dial pins .. i dont kno we pryed a lil got a screwdriver between bell housing and the motor then used a pry bar and came right

biggest thing that helped was keeping tension on the hoist while someone pryed

Classicconnection here: am at about the same point you were Before it came loose. Lots of penetrant used so far. I have a come along keeping pressure on it as I take a break. Lunch. We'll see when I go back out. Started yesterday with the "breaking loose" Just no place to pry as in other vehicles I've done. Didn't know about the sealant. That, and steel pins in aluminum. A little corrosion I guess. Thanks for your thread; it's exactly what I needed. Wish me luck. '04 with frozen bottom end. Long block anyone?