2010 WRX - PROB w/BOV's [agency power & synapse]
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2010 WRX - PROB w/BOV's [agency power & synapse] within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This is my 2nd WRX, used to own a bugeye 02 WRX but was rear ended and my car was ...

Question 2010 WRX - PROB w/BOV's [agency power & synapse]

This is my 2nd WRX, used to own a bugeye 02 WRX but was rear ended and my car was considered totaled. Anyway, had a HKS on it, then upgraded to a Synapse Synchronic BOV and it worked great! LOVED IT!
    When I picked up my 2010 WRX, I installed another Synapse and the weirdest thing happened. The Synapse Synchronic BOV caused the cruise control light to stay on and also disabled it. I wasnt having that so I removed it.
    Then I found the Agency Power Adj. BOV, and it just got worse...sounded great and after driving around for about 20-25mins, my idle dropped so low that it would turn off!!! Removed that ASAP! but am now noticing my MPG is low. ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How about ditching the showoff valve and putting the factory bypass valve back on? It'll resolve your issues.

a quick search will yield you a **** tonne of info as to why you shouldn't run a atmosphere venting valve on a metered air engine management system.

Its acting *****y because the opening of the valve/ lost volume in intake tract is playing hell with the ecu's ability to properly manage the air/fuel ratio.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You very likely had a leak or a bad valve. Lesson learned here: Do not install aftermarket BOV's on an otherwise stock car. Keep the stock BPV on there, there's just too many issues with using aftermarket valves.

As for your issues, after all of the problems those BOV's caused, you should think about resetting your ECU, my guess is your car learned some bad values that now need to be cleared.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

stock BPV has been on ever since those problems happened and BOV's were return ASAP for my refund. car runs fine, its just the MPG that is off now. figured it messed w/the air & fuel ratio. can I reset the ECU myself by the classic unplugging of the battery for a few minutes? or is this is something I have to take to a dealer to do?

dont worry, I learned my lessson. I just figured since my last WRX wasnt moded & was pretty much stock could run fine w/a BOV why shouldnt my new WRX be able to you know.

but thanx for the info guys.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teeter_7 View Post
    stock BPV has been on ever since those problems happened and BOV's were return ASAP for my refund. car runs fine, its just the MPG that is off now. figured it messed w/the air & fuel ratio. can I reset the ECU myself by the classic unplugging of the battery for a few minutes? or is this is something I have to take to a dealer to do?

dont worry, I learned my lessson. I just figured since my last WRX wasnt moded & was pretty much stock could run fine w/a BOV why shouldnt my new WRX be able to you know.

but thanx for the info guys.
    Yep, just take off the negative battery cable. Hold down the brakes for about 30 seconds, and wait for a minute, reconnect, and that should do it. Remember that your car has a learning period though, it won't be back to normal for a couple of driving cycles.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

cool, will do tomorrow ASAP! thanx again Anub1s!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teeter_7 View Post
    cool, will do tomorrow ASAP! thanx again Anub1s!
    Sure thing dude, hope it clears everything up.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.