2011 wrx crazy turn signal
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 wrx crazy turn signal within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Experiencing a problem with my passenger side blinker six weeks into my '11. Haven't found anything on clubwrx but have ...

M45

2011 wrx crazy turn signal

Experiencing a problem with my passenger side blinker six weeks into my '11. Haven't found anything on clubwrx but have seen numerous reports elsewhere.

The turn signal blinks rapidly as if there is a bad bulb (according to the manual). The front turn signal filament is not lighting up while the seconary is flashing at a fast rate (if you look close, there are two filaments on that bulb). So far, this "hyperblinking" has not been consistent and I've had a few instances of regular behavior within the past two days.

From what I gather so far - this is not a bad bulb issue as some reported recurrences after bulb change.. Anyone familiar with this issue or similar electrical problems? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by M45 View Post
    Experiencing a problem with my passenger side blinker six weeks into my '11. Haven't found anything on clubwrx but have seen numerous reports elsewhere.

The turn signal blinks rapidly as if there is a bad bulb (according to the manual). The front turn signal filament is not lighting up while the seconary is flashing at a fast rate (if you look close, there are two filaments on that bulb). So far, this "hyperblinking" has not been consistent and I've had a few instances of regular behavior within the past two days.

From what I gather so far - this is not a bad bulb issue as some reported recurrences after bulb change.. Anyone familiar with this issue or similar electrical problems? Thanks!
    Had this exact problem in my '10 for about a month, then one day it just went away. Been blinkin' at a normal rate ever since. I also saw an Impreza driving around and his passenger light did it as well.
    2010 WRX (SWP)
    Cobb Stage 1 - Perrin SS

check fuses and bulbs. replace as needed.
    '07 wrx wagon:
    Cobb catback, cobb short ram with intake box, turbosmart small recirc valve, yellow tinted fogs.

little bit older and a little bit more jaded.

Yep, something is up. It is absolutely going to be one of these 3 things:

1 - the bulb is loose or blew
    2 - a fuse is loose or blew
    3 - the wiring to the headlight housing is loose

Since it can fix itself and work for awhile, I think it's 3.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

Same problem here. 2011 WRX after a month the front passenger blinker will go out once in a while. It works about half of the time. I'll post if I ever figure out whats going on

Have you tried changing the bulb? Sometimes the filament breaks on one end and will sometimes make contact, sometimes won't, causing an intermittent problem.

you have a new car...just let the dealer figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by greenc51 View Post
    We've gotten a few complaints of this, brought it up to the teacher up at school, he told me that they have been hearing of alot of issues with the harness itself, I put a harness in one and it resolved the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by greenc51 View Post
    +1

While they're at it, they can fix the passenger door rattle too.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Quote Originally Posted by AmateurX View Post
    +1

While they're at it, they can fix the passenger door rattle too.

We have had problems with that also, I have yet to actually dig into one in a new impreza however the new forester has like a plastic baffle in the door that makes noise, perhaps its a similar situation with the impreza....

I have the same exact problem on my 2011 wrx sedan. I have an appt on Monday with service to have it repaired but I find it interesting that I'm not the only one with this issue!

Mine occurs on the drivers side...usually occurring when the car 1st gets going...I'd be interested to find out what the dealership is doing for those who bring them in...Which I will be doing here shortly after the holidays...

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_cky View Post
    check fuses and bulbs. replace as needed.
    Just take it in to the dealer. I wouldn't touch a thing if I had just paid for a warranty.

Sounds like subaru cut corners again, my bugeye has never had a turn signal bulb go, there is no reason they should fail in a new car except faulty wiring.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

bulb

dealer fixed mine today, said he just swapped out the bulb.

car is a few weeks old, kind of frustrating to already have something like this happen. Not the biggest deal but it wasted 2 hours of my day today.

my civic si = 0 issues in 2 1/2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    Yep, something is up. It is absolutely going to be one of these 3 things:

1 - the bulb is loose or blew
    2 - a fuse is loose or blew
    3 - the wiring to the headlight housing is loose

Since it can fix itself and work for awhile, I think it's 3.
    Well, I'm now part of the crazy blinker club. Coming home from work on Fri my left turn signal started it's epileptic behavior. I looked at it a bit and the light is not only faster, but much dimmer than normal. It's raining today so I have to wait until I get home later and am in the garage to look, but I'm going to jiggle the bulbs/wires to see if that does anything.

This is real annoying but at least it's just a nuisance and not something where I can't still drive the car.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast