2011 wrx crazy turn signal - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on 2011 wrx crazy turn signal within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by djclue8713 And just like that, it was a simple bulb issue. Dealer went ahead and swapped it ...

Quote Originally Posted by djclue8713 View Post
    And just like that, it was a simple bulb issue. Dealer went ahead and swapped it then charged me ~$40 in parts/labor :butthurts:
    They shouldn't have charged you anything, as this falls under warranty.

Sent from Tapatalk, cuz I can't get enough.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

agreed
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

Quote Originally Posted by AmateurX View Post
    They shouldn't have charged you anything, as this falls under warranty.

Sent from Tapatalk, cuz I can't get enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
    agreed
    I brought this up and they said no. The bulbs do not fall under the 3 year/36,000 mile "new car" warranty.

naughty dealer
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

This is naughty dealer #2 in my area. I was fed up with the other one so I went here. My sales dealer might be 100+ miles away, but there's a reason why I bought from them. I might just have to make the trek up there for services/warranty repairs now!

i have the same situation. my sales dealer is in jersey, and their oil changes are $20 cheaper than my local dealer. i could go there but it will cost me the additional $20 in tolls and gas anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by djclue8713 View Post
    I brought this up and they said no. The bulbs do not fall under the 3 year/36,000 mile "new car" warranty.
    Even though bulbs aren't specifically listed under "wear items", that still bull****.

WEAR ITEM COVERAGE is 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. Items covered are brake pad/shoe linings, clutch linings, and wiper blades.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

My 2012 also had this issue. After reading this thread I took off the factory intake box and started looking around in there. First I thought it was the main harness that powers the entire headlight assembly. Nope. Then dug my hand around behind the headlight where the amber bulb is and found that harness. Sure enough it was tight and twisted a good 2 turns. I turned on my hazards and then wiggled the wiring where it plugged into the bulb. Then I about blinded myself because it started working. I wiggled it some more and was able to get it to go out and blink at will. I rearranged the wiring (basically just untwisted it) and plugged it back in. While I was down there i unplugged the DRL connection. I also drilled a large hole in my factory air box where the silencer tube used to connect to on the older cars. Here's a pic of the bulb and wiring.

Best pic I could get where the bulb plugs into the housing.

Here's a pic of the DRL harness wired tied to an adjacent harness so it wasn't flopping around in there. There's a lot of open space in the front fender well.

I hope these pics help for anyone else having the issue. In all took a half hour just because the factory air box is a PITA.

I went thru the wheel well, and just felt around until I could find it. Although it was cramped, I could still reach the back of the housing. This method won't work for bulb replacement though.
    My Photostream
    about.me

Mine just went today, pretty sure that it was working fine yesterday. 1,155 miles.

Will mess with it later or hope that it fixes itself. Bought the car in Ohio and live in Pennsylvania. I'm going for inspection on Wednesday. Hopefully the shop is understanding.

Easy fix!

I have an 09 and I joined the crazy blinker club a few months ago, it started a few days after my warranty ran out . It would come and go randomly and was really annoying. Found this thread a few weeks ago and picked up a new bulb to replace it today. Mine was on the passenger side so I removed the air scoop and the front half of the airbox to get access to the bulb. Turned out the wire for the bulb was just pulled tight since it was wrapped around the housing for the headlight. I just pulled the wire free so it was loose, problem solved. Took less then 10 min total.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

Sure as ****, filament was fine. Jiggled the wiring harness and all is well! Thanks guys! Saved me a trip to the stealership!
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 11-26-2012 at 04:58 PM. Reason: dodging the swear filter

Quote Originally Posted by Argentum View Post
    Sure as ****, filament was fine. Jiggled the wiring harness and all is well! Thanks guys! Saved me a trip to the stealership!
    Maybe, maybe not! Mine was fine for a day or two and then the crazy blinker came back! I replaced the bulb and it's been fine ever since. Good luck!
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456