2011 wrx crazy turn signal - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 wrx crazy turn signal within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well, I took the left turn signal out again. I didn't notice any real "strain" on the wiring harness, but ...

Well, I took the left turn signal out again. I didn't notice any real "strain" on the wiring harness, but after removing the bulb I was able to push the red wire into the socket a little bit. Seems that the spring mechanism in the socket was sticking and probably making intermittent contact with the bottom of the bulb because the red/black wires were curved right at the housing and preventing the wires from slipping through the rubber boot. I added a touch of oil to the wires/rubber-boot and straightened out the red/black wires to let them move freely. Funny, I installed the original bulb that I replaced a few months ago to see what would happen. It worked just fine all day today. I'm going to run it like this for a while and see what happens.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yep, update - both of my turn signals were doing this. Brought my '11 baby to the dealer after reading this thread (since it was still under warranty) and they knew exactly what i was talking about, they did it real quick and gave me back the reciept with 'Complained of blinker blinking very fast - loosened wiring harness to fix problem'. Not the bulb - it's the tight wiring.

New guy here. Same problem on the passenger side of my 2010 WRX. How are you guys getting to the wiring harness? I took the circular cap off of the assembly and tried to reach my fingers up toward the turn signal and wasn't able to feel anything. I tried wiggling the main wiring harness while the turn signal was blinking fast, but nothing happened. Mine will come and go, so I know it's not the bulb. I'd like to do the proper fix and not just change bulbs once every few months.

Any help is appreciated,

jb

Never mind. I figured it out. Definitely the wire. I turned on the signal and played with the wire until it started blinking regularly. Then, I secured the wire in that position. We'll see how long until I have to mess with the harness (has been good all day). Took me less than 5 minutes.

I've had my car since last October, and 8700 miles later, my left signal is just now going crazy. I'm so glad there's a slew of people here to go thru this crap so I can glean wisdom from their experiences.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AmateurX View Post
    I've had my car since last October, and 8700 miles later, my left signal is just now going crazy. I'm so glad there's a slew of people here to go thru this crap so I can glean wisdom from their experiences.
    Lol,and I thought I was free from this issue after having had the car for so long.So I guess I just have to wait till it happens.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Well, even after the second time attempting to "fix" the passenger signal, I'm going to have to take it in to the dealer. I must have jiggled that connection 20 times... If I could have a little green man hold the wires at a certain position all the time, I wouldn't have to take the car in. Something tells me they're going to have to replace the connector, bulb or both.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

2012 WRX Sedan here, same issue on the drivers side - so just FYI that it's in the 12's as well.... Great
    '12 WRB Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by 03WRXMA View Post
    2012 WRX Sedan here, same issue on the drivers side - so just FYI that it's in the 12's as well.... Great
    That sucks. As this thread states, it's a pretty easy fix. When I took mine to the dealer, they said the bulb was burnt out. They replaced it, and it works fine now.
    My Photostream
    about.me

That's what they told me too. No problem since then.
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

Just happened to me today on the passenger side. Of course I'm going out to Stroudsburg tomorrow and then coming right back so I won't have time to mess with it until Sunday.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by AmateurX View Post
    That sucks. As this thread states, it's a pretty easy fix. When I took mine to the dealer, they said the bulb was burnt out. They replaced it, and it works fine now.
    My bulb was good, I pulled the battery last night, moved the wires out of the 'guide' in the rear of the headlight housing to get more slack, and no more fast blink - good to go!
    '12 WRB Sedan

Forgot to update this.....it stopped the next day, so I never bothered to mess with it...
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Ahh it's time for me to join the club. Passenger side signal just started doing it tonight...

And just like that, it was a simple bulb issue. Dealer went ahead and swapped it then charged me ~$40 in parts/labor :butthurts:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast