'09 WRX Squeek noise - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on '09 WRX Squeek noise within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by SamXp Thanks. I wonder if it is accessible from the top? Nope, you're gonna have to crawl ...

NO

Quote Originally Posted by SamXp View Post
    Thanks. I wonder if it is accessible from the top?
    Nope, you're gonna have to crawl under there
    or
    go to the dealer and tell them exactly what is wrong.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by msennati View Post
    Nope, you're gonna have to crawl under there
    or
    go to the dealer and tell them exactly what is wrong.
    Think I'll go with the latter!

BTW, when I got an oil change this Saturday, I mentioned to my dealer that I was hearing squeaks from the STS bushing and the fix was to put waterproof grease on it. The tech comments after it was fixed was "checked shifter noise, noise is normal, also lubricated, tested ok"

No more squeaks. I can't tell how they did it but it took no longer than my usual oil change. They mustve lubed it from underneath.
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

Thank you guys for this thread, that noise was driving me crazy and I had no clue where it was coming from until I read this thread. Such a pain to get to that rear bushing though.
    Last edited by vivtelliii!!!!; 02-22-2012 at 07:15 PM.
    2015 WRB WRX Premium
    2011 SWP WRX 5 Door *old*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12