'09 WRX Squeek noise - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on '09 WRX Squeek noise within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by SamXp Thanks. I wonder if it is accessible from the top? Nope, you're gonna have to crawl ...

NO

Quote Originally Posted by SamXp View Post
    Thanks. I wonder if it is accessible from the top?
    Nope, you're gonna have to crawl under there
    or
    go to the dealer and tell them exactly what is wrong.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by msennati View Post
    Nope, you're gonna have to crawl under there
    or
    go to the dealer and tell them exactly what is wrong.
    Think I'll go with the latter!

BTW, when I got an oil change this Saturday, I mentioned to my dealer that I was hearing squeaks from the STS bushing and the fix was to put waterproof grease on it. The tech comments after it was fixed was "checked shifter noise, noise is normal, also lubricated, tested ok"

No more squeaks. I can't tell how they did it but it took no longer than my usual oil change. They mustve lubed it from underneath.

Thank you guys for this thread, that noise was driving me crazy and I had no clue where it was coming from until I read this thread. Such a pain to get to that rear bushing though.
    Last edited by vivtelliii!!!!; 02-22-2012 at 08:15 PM.
    2015 WRB WRX Premium
    2011 SWP WRX 5 Door *old*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.