Cooling system pressure tester - Stant OK?

This is a discussion on Cooling system pressure tester - Stant OK? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello all, My local auto parts stores rent tools or even lend them out sometimes; for example, when I asked ...

I Support ClubWRX

Cooling system pressure tester - Stant OK?

Hello all,

My local auto parts stores rent tools or even lend them out sometimes; for example, when I asked for a cooling system pressure tester the person at the counter gave me a blank stare for free.

I might have to (gasp!) buy a tool instead. Does anyone have experience with the Stant 12270 main unit (manometer and pump) plus the 12027 adapter? Will this combo work on an Impreza? Or any other suggestions (less expensive is great...)? I'm still making the rounds at the auto parts places but the first two I visited were total losses.

Thanks!
    SD
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Bump?
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Bump to the top -- third time is a charm.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. The odd part with the Subaru cooling system is the secondary resevoir, but since that's meant to keep up the same pressure as the rest of the system I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work.

Oh and thanks for the laugh, I enjoyed your post quite a lot
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Cheers!
    SD