prosport pyrometer pegging after 1200 degrees

This is a discussion on prosport pyrometer pegging after 1200 degrees within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys as the title says recently i have been having some trouble with my Pro sport EGT gauge. When ...

prosport pyrometer pegging after 1200 degrees

Hey guys as the title says recently i have been having some trouble with my Pro sport EGT gauge. When I'm driving after the gauge reaches 1200 degrees it pegs all the way over to 2400 and stays there till i let off the gas then a few seconds later it will drop back down and function again...Whats odd is it works under 1200 no problems, but right after 1200 it pegs. It also will sometimes peg down to zero in stead off pegging up to 2400 what i have done so far was checked the grounds...they seem ok. made sure no wires were crossing....etc. Anyone ever experience this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Brandon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Never experienced this with my prosport EGT gauge..Perhaps the sensor is out of calibration or something is messed up with the gauge, I would call the guys at Prosport and see if they can send you another one...Do you have any other means of viewing EGT temperature? Are you sure you installed the sensor correctly..Mine is tapped into the header at the #4 exhaust runner....

funny thing is it worked great for a week then this...i called pro sport but they want me to send the whole thing in to be checked before replacement

Quote Originally Posted by sti_killer03 View Post
    funny thing is it worked great for a week then this...i called pro sport but they want me to send the whole thing in to be checked before replacement
    Aww man that sucks, Personally, I would send it in, especially after I paid all that coin for it

yeah it looks like im gonna have to which i guess wont be so bad it would be nice not watching the needle go all over the place especially at night lol