Boost gauge light wont turn on any ideas?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Boost gauge light wont turn on any ideas? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; When I turn on my lights all the way my turbo timer light wont turn on. Any ideas? Its a ...

Boost gauge light wont turn on any ideas?

When I turn on my lights all the way my turbo timer light wont turn on. Any ideas? Its a stock turbo timer that came with the car when it was bought straight from the factory.
    Last edited by MrG00k; 11-22-2010 at 10:54 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Subaru's don't come with turbo timers.

Is this what you're talking about?

This is a boost gauge.

Edit:
    What year is the car?
    Did you buy it new or second hand?
    Did the light ever work?

Its a 2002 bug eye. I bought it 2nd hand I am now the second own the car has about 136,000 miles. Im not exactly sure why the boost gauge light wont turn on. The original owner said he bought it with the car when he bought it brand new. They asked him if he wanted it and they tossed that in with the car brand new. The light did work only once the day I bought the car around night time it worked but ever since it didnt turn on.

It could be that you need to replace the light bulb.
    It's also possible there is a short somewhere, but with that many miles on the car I suspect light bulb first.

Here's how to open the gauge without removing the steering column.
    http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gd-inter...-mod-pics.html

I don't know what size the bulb is. You might want to call your local Subaru dealer parts department or https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/

2002 wrx boost gauge light bulb model #?

Anyone know the model # for the boost gauge of a 2002 wrx bugeye sedan ? I believe mine burnt out and i need to change it but i dont know wha type of bulb it is

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.